Protect Your Internal and Cloud-Based Workflow with Cybersecurity Protocols and Management Built for High-Demand IT Environments.
Our cybersecurity solutions and services are custom-designed to safeguard your business technology and data assets – ensuring that your business operations are protected and always available.
Your IT systems are protected by experts in the field that understand the technology your business uses and the threat vectors that cyber criminals leverage in their attempts to gain access and do damage.
Business leaders are gravitating toward a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity management for the following reasons:
- The need to protect an always-on workflow
- The expense of trying to recover compromised data
- The reputational damage that can be done by a cyber breach
What Cybersecurity Strategies Does SIMEC Leverage in Building Concentric Walls of Security Around Business Data and Processes?
Simply relying upon a “set it and forget it” compliance strategy is not sufficient, is it? You need a team on your side that can meet the IT side of compliance standards without negatively impacting the efficiency of internal workflow. To meet the refined demands of this delicate balancing act, you need a cybersecurity team that has a wealth of experience in both IT compliance and working in cooperation when needed with the bodies that are tasked with compliance oversight.
By leveraging a robust cyber risk management framework, the SIMEC team provides protection for your mission-critical IT assets while ensuring that the industry and legislative compliance requirements for your industry are met or exceeded. But we don’t ask you to take our word for it. We provide each of our clients with the control framework and regular compliance posture reporting needed to provide complete transparency into their compliance process and standing.
End-User Security Awareness Training
Did you know that your employees likely pose the greatest vulnerability gap in your efforts to secure your business data and workflow? Because the focus is the technology, many times IT professionals and business owners alike forget that employees need ongoing training to stay current with phishing and social engineering exploits that target them in order to gain access to the company’s network.
How Does End User Security Awareness Training Work?
The SIMEC team of cybersecurity professionals use a simple, repeatable, three-step process to help you build a culture of cybersecurity awareness within your company.
- Step #1 – Train – Providing group or online interactive instruction
- Step #2 – Test – Using automated, simulated attacks to see how your employees respond
- Step #3 – Analyze – Providing statistics and graphs developed from the testing stage to indicate what information your employees absorbed from the training and what needs further attention
The five pillars of cybersecurity management are:
Auditing and Logging
Monitoring and Alerting
The security of your client data, proprietary information, and mission-critical processes is not something you can leave to anything less than a full team of experienced cybersecurity professionals. Here are the IT security solutions that are leveraged by SIMEC to provide you with concentric walls of always-on cybersecurity.
- Industry-Specific Services – providing tailored solutions to all types of businesses from Automotive to Non-Profit to ensure that your technology is right for your business needs.
- Email and Network Security – maintaining and implementing the right security solutions, including anti-virus software, firewalls, web-content filtering, and spam filtering – keeping the gateways to your business secure and safe.
- Data Backup and Business Continuity – creating a reliable business continuity plan to keep your data backed up, safe and secure – making sure all backups are monitored and tested on a regular basis to ensure recoverability.
- Secured Firewall – protecting your network from unauthorized access and blocking intrusions without compromising your internet connection
- Managed Anti-virus and Malware Protection – keeping ahead of present and horizon-level viruses by constantly updating threat databases, spotting problems, and eliminating threats
- 24/7 System and Network Monitoring – monitoring on-site and cloud assets in real-time to discover and eliminate threats
- Web Content Filtering – preventing employees from visiting dangerous, malicious, or inappropriate websites
- Spam Filtering – blocking and quarantining suspicious emails that may contain viruses or malware
- Mobile Device Management – providing access to business data and processes on smartphones and tablets without fear of compromising security or compliance standing
Every device in the company connects to the internet. That connection puts each device in the position of being a possible entry point for ransomware, hack attempt, or virus. The number of potential vulnerabilities number in the hundreds. The SIMEC team deals with proactively implementing the thousands of critical patches that are needed if your operations and data are going to stay secure.
But vulnerability management isn’t just about workstations. Your mobile devices, network, cloud assets, firewall, endpoints, and servers also must be constantly updated and monitored to make sure that they are ready to ward off potential threats. All of this is critical to both operational security and compliance to standards such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, ISO27001, and NIST.
Business Continuity Consulting & Strategy
Surviving a disaster and ensuring sustainable operations is a key corporate objective. This is how we help you maintain access to core processes and data when your local IT assets are compromised.
- Daily Backups of all operating systems, files, and applications are uploaded locally to restore quickly in times of emergency.
- Cloud Backups ensure you have everything you need to continue working from anywhere when your onsite assets are inaccessible.
- Emergency Response Planning provides your entire team with clear and concise policies and procedures to deal with disruption. In the event of any localized disaster, malware attack, or breach, your business operations continue smoothly.
- Regular Testing of Restore Availability guarantees that backups are ready to be used, documenting gaps and errors to prevent the possibility of failed backups that keep you from staying operational.